Thread: McClain rumor
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014   #32
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McClain rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Looks like the same story with a rationalization added to me.

For the record I am not hung up on "reaching" especially for a QB. In most drafts there are only 1-2 QBs who will turn out to be solid starters. If a team thinks they have identified one then draftniks be damned you do what is necessary to get that guy rather than settling for a different QB "in the same talent group" because they would be a "better value."
Yep and that same mentality has cost many gms their jobs. This "you have to take QB with the first pick because it's such an important position" is crap. If there isn't one good enough then there isn't one good enough. All you are doing by trying to force it is