Thread: McClain rumor
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014   #26
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McClain rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I hate that term.

A "reach" is defined by drafting a guy way earlier than you need to.

Who determines whether someone is a reach? The media who's been creating mocks based on where they think guys should go and who should draft them.

The problem with this is that the Media doesn't know how each team's got their board constructed and where players are on those boards. To be able to call someone a reach, you have to know that they're not going to be drafted until 1+ rounds later. And there's no way to know that.

Just look at the CBS draft board vs. Walter Football's board. Walter Football has some guys ranked in the 3rd round that CBS Draft Board has in the 7th round or an UDFA.

All it takes if for a team to like a guy and decide they can't wait any more to take him. At that point, he's not a reach.
I was just being a smartace there...

Overall, fans and draftniks think that their speculation about the event is more important than the event itself. By the strictest definition the event (the draft) is cannot be wrong. There is no real reach or person who fell far or was drafted too early. Where the player is or is not drafted is the actual fact. What we do for 6 months is various level guessing from wild ass to fairly educated, but they are all guesses that normally prove wrong usually by pick 5 overall.