Thread: McClain rumor
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McClain rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I still doubt they have a solid idea about how the draft will unfold. Whatever they think now, will probably change after this week, when they get a better look at the players we have.

I guarantee you Rick has been selling his team to OB from day one. "Wait 'till you see this guy, do this, or that." or "You're going to be really impressed with, blah, blah, blah..."

As far as the QB thing goes, if I'm OB, I'm asking myself two questions.
  1. Can I win with this guy?
    This goes back to the list of things OB said he is looking for in a QB. I think all but maybe four guys would fit.
  2. Can I win this year with this guy?
    I think five guys in this years draft answers yes here.

From what I've heard about the draft I feel pretty good that at least two of the guys that answer yes to both questions will be there at the top of the second (which is basically a first round pick)...... it would be hard for me to draft a QB at the top of the draft just because "everybody" is talking about three of them.
I don't agree, I think they finished their in-house evaluation of current players a month or more ago. Normally, the draft would be just around the corner, so I think the Texans are probably done with most if not all their evaluation. They are probably putting together some situational strategies in case specific things happen at this point.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote