Thread: McClain rumor
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: McClain rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
To be honest, everything BoB has said publicly about the qb's in this draft & our qb situation points to this. Every time someone asks him about 1 of the top 3, he always goes out of his way to mention a few of the other 2nd tier guys.
I still doubt they have a solid idea about how the draft will unfold. Whatever they think now, will probably change after this week, when they get a better look at the players we have.

I guarantee you Rick has been selling his team to OB from day one. "Wait 'till you see this guy, do this, or that." or "You're going to be really impressed with, blah, blah, blah..."

As far as the QB thing goes, if I'm OB, I'm asking myself two questions.
  1. Can I win with this guy?
    This goes back to the list of things OB said he is looking for in a QB. I think all but maybe four guys would fit.
  2. Can I win this year with this guy?
    I think five guys in this years draft answers yes here.

From what I've heard about the draft I feel pretty good that at least two of the guys that answer yes to both questions will be there at the top of the second (which is basically a first round pick)...... it would be hard for me to draft a QB at the top of the draft just because "everybody" is talking about three of them.