View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Why is Derek Newton Still a Texan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
My original intent was to see how the teams performed who he judged had the best RTs to see how they compared to his prediction.
I'm not looking at the position so much as the OL as a whole. If we were drafting later (say 10-15) I might be pumping the best guard in this draft opposed to the 4th-5th best tackle.

Two badasses on the OL is better than 1. Three is better than 2. & last year, our badass was gimpy. Maybe Brooks turns into a badass in his own right. Chances of that happening is better, I think, with better talent next to him.

The idea of adding someone to this OL who may be better than Duane Brown excites the crap out of me. If you're sitting there at the top of the draft & have your pick of the best of the best, it doesn't make sense not to draft someone because "you're good" at one position or another. QB I can understand.

If you have your QB, you don't go taking one that "might" be better. If you need a QB, you take one, if there is one graded 7 or higher.

If you can't trade down & you question Clowney's work ethic, or his bone spurs, or whether he'll be able to change positions, you take either Watkins or Robinson. I like Watkins, but I think Robinson will help the team a lot more.

But I'm just a guy. You don't have to agree with me.