View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014   #52
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson believes in Devier Posey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
2 SBs would be nice.

but yeah i know what you mean, BPA is always going to make your team stronger, but it doesnt make the decision any easier to pass up the opportunity of getting a possible franchise QB at first overall.
I left the Eli Manning/Larry Fitzgerald duo in there just to show one that would be a difficult decision. 2 SBs are nice but I don't consider Eli Manning an elite QB, just a very, very lucky QB playing on the right teams at the right times.

In most of the other years QB was taken at 1-1, there wasn't a top flight receiver or the QB taken at 1-1 was an obvious and good choice or both. Or both choices were bad.... which has happened.

For example, in 2009, Stafford was taken at 1-1 and the first WR taken was Darius Heyward-Bey at 1-7 and the next one was Michael Crabtree at 1-11. While in 2005, you had a pick of Alex Smith or Braylon Edwards. (Yikes.)

But my main point is that you don't just take a QB because most years have a QB at 1-1. You use that 1-1 pick on a guy you think is going to do the most good for your team. If that's a WR or a RB or a NT, I don't think you should let yourself be bound by history and force the drafting of someone who's going to bust like Jamarcus Russell when you could draft a Calvin Johnson or an Adrian Peterson.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote