View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014   #1005
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Re watch the game and you will see the D sugar rushing Wilson. Maintaining their lanes and not really trying to sack him, just keep him in the pocket. In the 2nd half the were full out rushing leaving all kinds of lanes for him to run through. He was only taking what they were giving him, which was wide open running lanes unlike in the first half.

Protecting the ball, and not turning it over is what he does best, but that is not an elite QB by any stretch in my eyes. Perhaps he will become that in the future, but as of now, at least in my eyes, he is nothing more than a middle of the road QB who minimizes mistakes.

When you have a defense as good as theirs , that's all you ask of your QB , don't screw it up. I do somewhat agree with your eye test .... but think you may be selling him short as he can make a defense pay with either throwing or running.

Quote:
I still think the Mallett trade is a possibility, but if O'Brien gives up a 2:1 for him, I am going to be very disappointed. Unless Mallett comes in and just kills it, which is possible, but IMO unlikely.
I doubt a trade for Mallett is in the works & would be highly disappointed giving up #33 for him much less #33 and anything else. Yes , he has a big arm .... but that's not even a requirement for success , show me the ability to read a defense , slide in the pocket and make throws down the seams and to the deep outs.

Also concerning Mallett , I hesitate to trade premium draft picks for a guy who will be playing the final year of his rookie deal & then have to pony up standard QB money for after that year.
I much prefer to draft a guy & have him for multiple years on his rookie deal allowing you to spend those funds elsewhere then make adjustments once he comes off that rookie deal.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote