View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014   #51
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is Derek Newton Still a Texan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well theres... & ....

Again, I want to draft the best OT in the draft. If he's better than Brown..... he's better than Brown. If not, he's a RT & I'm fine with that, even if I can't name the five best in the league (kind of embarrassing that I was stumped at one though).

Actually, I want to draft the best player available, who is Watkins, but I think Robinson would help us more. I don't want Clowney or the QBs.
Well it's hard to judge what a great RT will do for a team or where they come from if they can't be named.

It also illustrates another consideration, not one that bars the pick but something to think about. Two WRs, DEs, LBs, DBs on a team can shine and get limelight. Julio Jones, Houshyourmama and Boldin are names casual fans know. Only the most fanatical fans know who the top RTs are and they essentially never get pro bowl or all pro accolades. A dude taken at 1.1 is going to want that plus it isn't just ego but bonuses are often tied to pro bowls and all pro selections so there is a very real monetary effect.