View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Why is Derek Newton Still a Texan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
with the amount of passing and the increasing number of teams that are attempting to use above average pass rushers from both sides (not just the blind side), I don't think having elite pass protecting OTs on both sides is as silly a notion as it would have been a decade ago.
& with the new CBA it opens the possibility to draft a lot of other positions. In the past, it was either a QB, LT, WR, DE, or CB because guys like Sam Bradford were coming into the league making more money than Tom Brady without ever throwing a pass.

Eric Fisher (last years #1 overall selection) had a cap number smaller than Eric Winstons had here in 2011. If people didn't have a problem paying Eric Winston $5M & would love to bring him back for $5M, it doesn't make sense to me not to draft Robinson.

& just because he plays RT doesn't make him a RT. He most likely will be better than Duane Brown when it's all said & done. People get all wet thinking about Jj Watt on one side & Clowney on the other. For me, thinking about Duane Brown on one side & Robinson on the other makes it wiggle.

We'll score on 80% of our possessions, or damn near. No matter how bad our defense is, it's going to be hard for other teams to keep up.