View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014   #65
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Schaub named starter in Oakland

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This team looked great with Schaub under center in 2011. We looked like a team that could win the Super Bowl. 2012, they did a good job of saying it was about the team, but everyone "knew" we didn't win it in 2011 because Schaub missed the end of the season. We were among the favorites to get to the Super Bowl in 2012, you're right, even though the whole team fell apart, the onus was placed squarely on Schaub.

2013 the pressure to win a Super Bowl was there & when he started the season throwing TDs to the other team, it was difficult not to put the blame on Schaub, even though he sat on the bench from week 7 on. I say difficult, because even though we won those first two games, the pick 6s kept coming, but the wins did not.
Remember now that Rivers also started out his season throwing a TD to the other team, yet he still had a pretty good season. The pick 6's are way overblown, and those who believe they would have just kept coming are kidding themselves. I can only think of 1 that actually cost the Texans the game. The rest of the losses were team losses, not all on Schaub.

Peyton Manning and John Elway held the previous record for consecutive pick 6's, and they were allowed to play through it and not pulled for a 1st year UDFA because fans and the owner had a boner (nice rhyme) for a former U of H QB, who clearly was not ready when his number was called.

I'm am not going to go into again, but everyone gave up on the season way too soon in my eyes, and I believe the Texans would have won more than 2 games had Schaub been allowed to play through the slump IMHO. How many more? Who knows, but giving up on the season, and throwing Keenum to the wolves was a bad idea.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote