View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014   #43
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Why is Derek Newton Still a Texan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Most likely, those incentives were simply tied to games played specifically at RT. With his short arms, at the Draft for that reason Newton was deemed by many to project better at guard. Of course, the Texans have shown that they are willing to try short-armers at RT (Winston).
That would make sense. I could not figure out why they kept plugging him in there anyway when I felt like Harris was doing a better job than Newton.

I guess the short arms are the problem then because Winston while better than Newton at pass protection left a lot to be desired. Winston was certainly better in run blocking than Newton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's still the offseason, with the draft and June 1st cuts to go. Let's wait before we panic about the RT position. I'm sure O' Brien has something in mind.
I sure hope you're right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If Newton wasn't here, everyone would know we were targeting Greg Robinson. That's the only thing that makes sense.
I don't see the Texans taking an OT 1:1 and the only way I see us ending up with Robinson is if we trade back, then it might be a possibility, but very low possibility. I think the Texans already have their board in place, and the only thing that will change it at this point is a blockbuster trade, which is still possible.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz

Last edited by Nitrofish; 04-06-2014 at 01:26 AM.
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote