View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014   #1004
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I thought it was the other way around. That when Wilson started using his legs, the Texans' tactics stopped working.

Either way, the thing Wilson has done to make him so "spectacular" is that he's incredibly efficient & protects the football. He's averaged 100 passer rating two years in a row. That's amazing.

Even when Matt Schaub had an elite defense & an elite running game, he didn't average 100 passer rating. In 2011, when we should have won the Super Bowl, he averaged 96.8 playing in only 10 games.

For whatever reason, Wilson is very underrated right now. Maybe because he plays on such a good team, I don't know.
Re watch the game and you will see the D sugar rushing Wilson. Maintaining their lanes and not really trying to sack him, just keep him in the pocket. In the 2nd half the were full out rushing leaving all kinds of lanes for him to run through. He was only taking what they were giving him, which was wide open running lanes unlike in the first half.

Protecting the ball, and not turning it over is what he does best, but that is not an elite QB by any stretch in my eyes. Perhaps he will become that in the future, but as of now, at least in my eyes, he is nothing more than a middle of the road QB who minimizes mistakes.

I still think the Mallett trade is a possibility, but if O'Brien gives up a 2:1 for him, I am going to be very disappointed. Unless Mallett comes in and just kills it, which is possible, but IMO unlikely.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote