View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014   #1585
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Talk Mock Draft SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I was actually looking into modifying a piece of software for doing one of these drafts. Basically the idea is to take an existing fantasy football draft program, and filling it with 2014 NFL draft prospect data instead. Then making it available on the web as a .NET application, and letting people create accounts to join a draft. Obviously an email account would be required, so it could send automated emails to the GM when their team is up or on deck and such. I think it would be really cool, but I haven't really had time to do it since the project I'm on has kept me really busy.

I never really got that far with it, but I might look into it next week while on business travel and bored. I don't think it would be all that hard to do, and I could host the application on my personal server at home. I think it would make these drafts go incredibly fast, and I could probably make it to where individuals could control all 32 teams to create their own mock draft. Might be cool, but it will take some work.
I'm more of a php/oracle guy than a .net guy (although I was a c/c++ programmer for years) but... hmm... it would be do-able. I just don't have the time to work on it or I'd try to lend a hand with it.

If my schedule frees up, I might take a stab at it myself.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote