View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014   #60
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Owen Daniels agrees with Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
We just have different standards, 11-1 and beating the Bengals again (at home) doesn't mean crap to me. Getting embarrassed almost everytime the Texans play a national TV game means something to me. What did I say about the owner that is unfounded? To me the Texans on the field product has been an absolute failure. (To you it hasn't been. I respect that) The McNairs are the ones that hired a GM/HC with no experience and should take criticism for that.

That calm balanced approach that you like has gotten this franchise nowhere. It's time for a change in philosophy. I think hiring BOB was a good start, although I would like to have seen a HC with a winning NFL pedigree. It appears that BOB wont care how hard the kids try and will be more results oriented. Even with the albatross that is Rick Smith hanging around his neck.

So I guess that we will have to agree to disagree. However just because I criticize the McNair's doesn't mean I hate them. It just means I disagree with how they run their org. You don't disagree with them? How long do you think it will be before Bob McNair learns how to build a winning org. Is he on the right course? IYO, Marketing means $$$$ and you know that. It's the reason McNair spares no expense.

How many 2-14 seasons would it take for you to reconsider your position?
If having back-to-back seasons with double digit wins and at least 1 playoff victory is failure, then there is not a single franchise that can live up to your standard for more than a season or two. You have to consider the Patriots a terrible franchise because they haven't won a SB in almost a decade. The Ravens didn't make the playoffs last year and they had 12 years between SBs, fire Ozzie. Would you have given Cowher 14 years to win a SB?

How many years are you going to give OB to win a SB? 2? 3? Are you going to fire him after 3 years if all he has is 1 playoff appearance? And then how many years are you going to give the next guy? And then the guy after that? With your philosophy, you're going to be changing coaches every two to three years.

How many 2-14 seasons would it take you to reconsider YOUR position?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote