View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014   #57
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Owen Daniels agrees with Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
What do you disagree with?

The holding GM/HC responsible/shouldn't have changed regimes after the 2010 season?

The talent on hand?

The corporate model?

The marketing dept?
I don't agree that he's cheap. We wouldn't have had one of the largest coaching staffs in the NFL for several years if he was so cheap. I think he's paid good money for coaches/trainers/scouts.

I don't agree that it was a bad thing that he held on to Rick/Gary after the 2010 season. That ended up with the most successful two years in our franchises history. There was nothing wrong with that decision no matter how you want to spin it. The 2-14 season is a totally separate thing to me. And yes, you could have ended up with MUCH worse because you could have ended up not having a single winning season in that three year span and you could definitely not have had a season where you started 11-1 and you could definitely not have had a season where you were 1 injury away from a damned good shot at the Super Bowl.

I don't care about the Texans' Marketing and PR department. Even if we have the greatest marketing department in the world (which I'm not so sure we do), that has no bearing at all on whether McNair wants to field a winner or not. Frankly, if McNair was the cheapskate you say he is, he wouldn't have the #1 marketing department because he wouldn't see the value in it.

You say you don't hate the man and yet you take every possibly opportunity to say unfounded things about him. Anything that goes wrong is an indication of what an a$$ he is... according to you. There are a lot of owners out there who are really crappy and really screw up their teams and I don't see McNair anywhere close to that group. I see him as a guy who's really trying to take a calm and balanced approach to managing his team and who's really trying to make it a winner.

That's just the way I see it and I know, like I said, that you don't agree with anything I just said.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote