View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014   #54
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Owen Daniels agrees with Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Some of that, but not all of that.

I do think McNair is cheap when it comes to hiring asst coaches/trainers/scouts. This rears it's ugly head when injuries pop up and the team has little to no depth.

I don't think holding GM's/HC's responsible and their failures costing them their jobs is being wily nilly. Think about it this way, how much farther along would the Texans be if they had fired Rick/Gary in 2010. 2-14 means they couldn't have done worse. The NFL is a results oriented league and so far McNair's on the field product has left much to be desired.

The Texans marketing/PR dept is the best in the NFL. So I think it's quite clear what McNair's priorities are and no I don't hate the man I just see him for what he is. Sure he would like to win, all owners would like to win. Winning just isn't McNair's #1 priority.

A wise man (Texan Bill) once told me the Texans wouldn't ever be built by the model that I would like. McNair prfers the corporate model. That model is rarely successful.
Like I said, I basically don't agree with any of your assertions.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote