View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014   #52
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Owen Daniels agrees with Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm not a betting man. I don't claim to know the future. However, McNair let Casserly finish the draft before letting him go and he's stated that he doesn't want to fire coaches mid-season. He might consider a GM's season to end with the Draft. So there's a possibility that he'll fire Rick Smith after the draft.

However. I don't believe that McNair doesn't want to win. I think he does. I think he believes that it's better to be patient and to give people a chance to succeed than to swap guys out willy-nilly. And I agree with him.

I do know that you don't like McNair. You think he's cheap and just trying to maximize his profits. You think he doesn't want to spend the money necessary to make this team a winner. You think he's doing everything all wrong.

So there's not much more to discuss since I don't believe a single thing that you do.
Some of that, but not all of that.

I do think McNair is cheap when it comes to hiring asst coaches/trainers/scouts. This rears it's ugly head when injuries pop up and the team has little to no depth.

I don't think holding GM's/HC's responsible and their failures costing them their jobs is being wily nilly. Think about it this way, how much farther along would the Texans be if they had fired Rick/Gary in 2010. 2-14 means they couldn't have done worse. The NFL is a results oriented league and so far McNair's on the field product has left much to be desired.

The Texans marketing/PR dept is the best in the NFL. So I think it's quite clear what McNair's priorities are and no I don't hate the man I just see him for what he is. Sure he would like to win, all owners would like to win. Winning just isn't McNair's #1 priority.

A wise man (Texan Bill) once told me the Texans wouldn't ever be built by the model that I would like. McNair prefers the corporate model. That model is rarely successful.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote