View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Pittsburgh is traditionally one of the great defenses against the run...so I understand why we tried to see what we have against it. I'm not of the mind that you should get tricky in the pre-season. I am very pleased that we took on the Steelers strength straight-up. We know where we stand now even if it wasn't real flattering. Sometimes you need to get a better feel with how your players stack up to a solid run unit by running base plays and you see what you have physically, man on man, against one of the better run stopping units in the league. Right now we are not as good as Pittsburgh in the trenches or when you compare their front-7 to our front-7. Getting all tricky and finessing our way around their strength would not give us the data we need to get better.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote