View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is Derek Newton Still a Texan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
OTC says $1,431,000 in salary for the up coming season.

I'm with Nitro on this one, doesn't make sense that he's still here. If we're wanting Danieal Manning to take a pay cut saving something less than $4.5M, then that $1.43M allotted for Derek Newton should be awful attractive. Manning, imo, earned his money when he was healthy, Newton did not. If we're saying let's wait to see if these guys are healthy... well why aren't we waiting to see if producers are healthy? I know OD failed his physical, but he is healthy enough now, less than a month later, to be signed by Baltimore. & it's not like we're signing FAs to $5M against the cap deals... or even $2M against the cap.

Doesn't make sense to me.
It makes plenty of sense, if you're penny pinching instead of trying to put the best product on the field as possible. How long did it take for the Bengals to sing Manning?
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote