View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014   #978
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
I can't shake off this terrible feeling we will draft clowney and a crappy QB.
I don't know if I can stand a season watching two DE with this expression on their face after Yet Another QB Fail

I think you better get used to that look if Ryan Fitzpatrick is the starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
And then this year Jaworski has said that Manziel was not even a QB worthy of the first 3 rounds, but then "moved him up" to the third round based on his widely acclaimed PD. One might think that sounds crazy, but don't we agree that Jaws knows more, probably much more about QBs than people like McShay & Kiper who both have Manziel going high in the first round ?
Last year most had USCs Matt Barkley going in first or second round, right ? Eventually the Eagles took him in the fourth round.
Conventional thinking is often off mark also in the NFL Draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not at all. I don't think Jaworski has spent any time evaluating college prospects. I don't think he's spent any time talking to teams or scouts to even know what teams are looking for in a QB.

He was a "successful" QB, ask him to read defenses & share how he handled certain aspects of the game, sure. But he's not a coach, not a QB expert, not a scout.

Jaws knows how he did it, that doesn't make him an expert on the way Manning does it, or Brees, or Tarkenton, or Monatana, or Manziel.
I would say that if Jaws has watched hundreds of hours of film on the QB's you listed, he may very well be an expert on how they operate, and what it would take to develop a young into one of them.

TV is a funny thing, and what you normally see if a very attractive person hired for obvious reason, even though they may not possess real football knowledge, but they can read a prompter and look good doing it. I think you can tune into NFLN, ESPN, etc and see good examples of that.

In the case of Jaws, he has a face for radio, not TV, so it would be safe to think he remains employed because he is good at what he does, not because the way he looks. If you have ever watched any of his Qb breakdowns, it's clear he puts a great deal of thought into his analysis, and backs up his claims with visual evidence. Anyone can be wrong, regardless of their credentials, but IMO it's a pretty safe bet to listen to a guy like Jaws when he talks about QB's.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote