View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jim Irsay arrested on DUI

Jim Irsay -- like father, like son?
Colts' owner was sensitive to his father's substance-abuse issues.
Quote:
..Jim Thompson, owner of Daddy Jack's, who notes that Irsay had visited the establishment more lately.

"I knew his father. He used to come in a lot. I never saw him sober. I'd go to shake his hand, and he'd grab my hand and pull me over the table and knock over glasses, and I was like, 'Oh my God.' He was not really that nice of a man, to tell you the truth. Jimmy's a lot nicer than his dad. I was expecting the worst, and getting to know Jimmy kind of changed my mind on the family. And they have been very good for this community."

Nasty stories abound about the late Robert Irsay, the liquor he consumed, the people he infuriated, the hearts he broke in 1984 when he whisked the Colts out of Baltimore in a caravan of Mayflower trucks in the dead of the night and relocated the team to Indianapolis. But Jim Irsay was damned if he'd be that guy. He learned from his father's mistakes. He spent a lifetime vowing to be kind and rational, sharp and football-savvy. He'd be one of the NFL's best owners instead of the worst...
Carlie Irsay-Gordon, 33, is leading the way in Indy
Quote:
"She'll do well. She's a sharp business person," former Colts assistant and current Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said. "She's very much like her father, she has great personality, she's extremely bright, she has a good feeling for people. I've worked for a bunch of owners, and Jim Irsay -- he talks about faith, family and football. It's real. And she has that same mindset."

Irsay-Gordon joins principle owners Martha Ford, widow of the late Detroit Lions owner Bill Ford, Sr., and Virginia McCaskey of the Chicago Bears, as the only females running NFL franchises...
Irsay has to get clean, reach to others
Quote:
Irsay has the money (he's worth an estimated $1.6 billion) to make a difference for not only himself but for others. As he has proven, substance addiction is not easy to overcome. He has battled pain pill addiction long before his latest arrest. Once clean -- hopefully sooner than later -- Irsay and his outgoing personality can become a public figure in helping those who have a daily struggle of drug and alcohol addiction. Since 2003, there have been more overdoses involving painkillers than heroin and cocaine combined, according to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote