View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014   #145
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It depends on who you're talking to. At no time have you heard me say QB is so important that we've got to take one of these mid first rounder, early second round QBs with our #1 overall.

I've said many times I think Watkins is the best prospect in this draft bar none, but I want Robinson.
Then we're on the same page. ...well you know I want Robinson (or Matthews if we trade down and Rob is gone).

Quote:
Tell me this. How would you feel if you were a Redskins fan & your team must went 3-13 & for all you know RG3 may never be the same again.
If RGII fails to recover, I've got Cousins to tide me over until I can find another guy

Quote:
Or that you're sending Romo out there again after missing the play offs again with a team you stripped bare to get under the cap.
As a cowboy fan (ugh, it hurts to think that way) I'm stuck with Jerrah. I have no hope until he stops being delusional and stops playing GM and behind the scenes HC.

Quote:
Or that you've missed the play offs the last two seasons like the Steelers did & you're now #3 in your division.
As a cocky Steeler fan I'd be "Everything runs in cycles. Chuck Knoll had slow years. So did Cowher. They bounced back and we WILL bounce back again." That's how they think. And historically, they haven't been far off.

Quote:
I like franchise QBs as much as the next guy, but I'd much rather be winning.
No argument there either. That's why I'd rather build a solid core this year - especially with ELEVEN draft picks and the possibility to get even more - and if O'Brien can't develop one of the guys we'll have this year (Fitz, Case, Yates, whichever new-guy O'Brien thinks is worthy) then we snag a guy next year.

We'll have to.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote