View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014   #144
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
And as somewhat of an aside, how is it when I say the best athlete/player in the draft ISN'T one of the "wunderkind" QBs but Robinson or Watkins or Clowney or Matthews and that's where we should spend our 1-1 pick, I get shouted down with cries of "Ya gotta go QB because he'll have the biggest impact!"
Okay...QB = biggest impact guy. got it.

Then when I say, "We're behind the power curve QB-wise against some of the teams that are in a similar 'rebuild' state as we are, therefore they have an edge." You say, "the fact that they are on those teams mean nothing" Even though they've had more success (depending on how you measure it) than any of our current guys.

So which is it? Un-confuse me.
It depends on who you're talking to. At no time have you heard me say QB is so important that we've got to take one of these mid first rounder, early second round QBs with our #1 overall.

I've said many times I think Watkins is the best prospect in this draft bar none, but I want Robinson.

Tell me this. How would you feel if you were a Redskins fan & your team must went 3-13 & for all you know RG3 may never be the same again.

Or that you're sending Romo out there again after missing the play offs again with a team you stripped bare to get under the cap.

Or that you've missed the play offs the last two seasons like the Steelers did & you're now #3 in your division.

I like franchise QBs as much as the next guy, but I'd much rather be winning.