View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014   #16
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Alcoholism, bankruptcy and the unhappy story of Leigh Steinberg, former NFL a...

Agree 1000%

People aren't all created equally and some people just don't have the will/strength to overcome things. They turn to alcohol/drugs/whatever to escape the pressure.

It's not up to us to judge them it's not our lives, let them be and deal with their life as it is, sometimes no matter what you do you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

We all have our inner demons, who's better at controlling them is another story completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Interesting thread.

I think it's a matter of "fight or flight."

Every human being has a fight or flight response to things.

A good buddy of mine was in the same industry as me. Talented guy, as I am. Things got rough for both of us at one point, and we were both laid off.

That was several years ago. He has never recovered. It's stunning. I've bounced back after some turbulence, but, eventually found my path. It's amazing to me how he's still struggling with something that happened 8 years ago. I have tried to help him, but he doesn't seem interested. I think his confidence is shot.

I do not say that to judge him. Even he admitted that he flees when things get rough.

My point is, when things go bad, either people bounce back and try and recover, or they stay down and get mired in depression. Not sure what the answer is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote