Thread: Desean Jackson
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Desean Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Did their GM even try to shop him? I highly doubt that he wasn't able to get even a 5th round pick for a guy who is a game breaker and 3 year $30 mill contract is quite reasonable for a team to take on for a guy of his talent.
Just asking.... would that have been the right thing to do?

I don't know, I don't know if cutting him then saying it was because of suspected gang affiliations is the right thing either.

If you trade him... are you going to tell the other team why you don't want him? I think it would be "passing the buck" & not the right thing to do.

I don't have a problem with them cutting him, they don't have to give the reasons they did though (& really I don't know if the Eagles said it was because of the gang stuff, or just "off-field" stuff). Let the other team make up their mind though.