View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014   #135
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 84722 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
My point was that we don't have anyone on our current roster with even that level of success.

okay, I'll concede that RGIII is still a work in progress. ...and?
Just because a QB is better than what the Texans have on the roster doesn't mean I would want them on the roster.

For example, for most of Eli Manning's career, he has been closer to Matt Schaub than to Tom Brady. 81% QBR for his career, poor TD:INT ratio, poor completion %, missed playoffs four out of last five years.

Matt Schaub has as many 12-win seasons as Eli, and both lost in the Divisional round of the playoffs. Eli has averaged 9 wins a season over his career, while Schaub averaged 8.

But he twice in 10 years rode a playoff hot streak to two fluke Super Bowls, and everyone points to him as a clutch QB who "just wins".
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote