View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Although starting tailback Domanick Davis was out with a sore left ankle, Capers said he expected more out of backup Tony Hollings than the nine yards on 14 attempts that he got. Rookie receiver Kendrick Starling was the leading rusher with one 28-yard end-around run.

"Probably the biggest negative (offensively) was the inability to run the football," said Capers, who watched the Steelers consistently get to Hollings before he reached the line of scrimmage. "The Steelers did a good job of playing the run."
I hope this isn't meant as Hollings did not try hard enough or that he failed in the coach's eyes. Yeah, it wasn't a good night for him, but I think the O-line needs to handle a part of that criticism as well.

The few times he was able to get behind Norris through the middle seemed like a pretty good run. Don't recall too many outside runs (those I do seemed like there was a defensive player there to stop him) where he's supposed to excel more than DD.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote