View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014   #129
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
To me, 30yr old high salaried guys need to play at or near pro bowl caliber to stick. OD has been done to me. He hasn't been able to split safeties in 4 yrs. Antonio was always solid and overrated on this board. He was not a 9m de in any scheme. If he was 3-4m ok,cool,but he wasn't. Wade Smith,Daniel Manning, same thing. I thought Wade should've been replaced at least this past season,but he didn't play well 2 yrs ago.

This is just washing out older more expensive guys and replacing them with younger cheaper guys. Core wise, I think the texans have a pretty good core. Its time for guys like Crick,Quess,Jones,williams,and williams to step up and play. The colts and redskins made the playoffs with holes all over the place 2 yrs ago. This league is setup to go 7-9,8-8,9-7. There isn't a lot of differece in talent from a 6-10 and a 10-6 team. Not to mention, the division doesn't have a dominant team and neither do the other 2 division they play. I think,even with a rookie qb to be 7-9 or 8-8. If things fall right,they could get to 9 maybe10 wins. I think RAC with the existing talent will get this team into top 10 defensively. That alone will make this team a lot better.
I seem to recall Casserly & company having a similar mindset. We were 7-9 when he started making "get rid of the expensive old guys" moves. The next year we were 2-14.
Careful what you wish for.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote