View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014   #1321
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226329 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
I am so excited about Obrien as a coach.

I share a lot of his thoughts and I think he's more in the mold of what I like as a coach.

Keyshawn Martin has not been that guy. He is afraid of contact. You cannot be afraid of getting dirty playing in the slot. He's not aggressive enough. He's not strong enough.

He's really more suited as 5th or 6th WR.

Based on those comments I guess there's a good chance we could see a slot type WR taken in the draft.

Just checked and there are some decent WR's out there on the FA market.

This draft is deep, deep, DEEP in WRs. The question is whether OB is as mistrustful of rookies as Kubiak was.

I don't think he is.

Personally, I am not really enamored of the left-overs in the FA market at WR.

Because of the depth of the WR class, there might be some really good ones that don't even get drafted. I think it was interesting that OB mentioned how many UDFAs were on the Patriots squad when he was there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote