View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014   #12
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 87806 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson believes in Devier Posey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
He's not the only one. 3 #1 picks in 12 years? I am a die hard Oiler fan, even the Oilers would be a juggernaut once every 10 years, not 2 good seasons out of 12 then rebuild for 4 more.

I am on the verge of telling this organization and the NFL to kiss my ass and take up competitive crochet. At lest AJ can go cry into his big bag of money.
Then do it. Every fan wants their team to go to the Super Bowl. Every year. No matter that it is completely illogical. That is what makes us fans.

I moved to Houston in 2003 after the expansion season. I saw a team start from scratch and get to 7-9 in their third year, before their head coach and quarterback were exposed for going as far as they were going to go.

I saw the next head coach and quarterback take a 2-14 back on the track to being a .500 team then improve on to a division winner with playoff wins over a seven year span. Then I saw that head coach and quarterback have their limitations exposed as well and took the team as far as they could.

At any point did the Texans come close to the Super Bowl? No. Have I seen progressions and improvements within each regime and with the regime changes? Obviously yes.

And quite frankly, if you don't say yes, you're just being blinded by your hatred of <insert Kubiak/Smith/McNair> or because of you're unrealistic expectation that it is the norm for an expansion team to reach the Super Bowl within 10 years of existence.

Kubiak didn't take over a consistent 2-14 team. He took over an emerging team that had it's limitations at HC/QB exposed in one cruel season and took it back on the upward trajectory.

OB is not taking over a consistent 2-14 team either. He took over a good team that had it's limitations at HC/QB exposed in one cruel season.

But that doesn't fit the narrative of the cursed Houston sports fan suffering with a "2-14" team...
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote