View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014   #1319
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Bill O'Brien answers questions at 3/31 Town Hall meeting

tweets read bottom(oldest)-to-top

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant/Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
Quote:
"It's a great city that's passionate about football. It's been a great place for my family, & we are really excited to be here." -O'Brien

You've got to play an exciting brand of football. We're gonna play as a team, have fun doing it & for the fans, play aggressively. -O'Brien

O'Brien asked about quality of draft picks. Mentions the last NE team he was on (2011) had highest # of undrafted FAs that year.

"J.J. Watt, in my opinion, is the best defensive player in the National Football League." -O'Brien #Texans

O'Brien talks about being fiscally responsible after ? on lack of FA action: We're very aware of what's available, that we have 11 picks.

O'Brien commends team for having mentally tough players. "Our practices won't be easy." #Texans

O'Brien: I knew from a very early age that I wanted to be a coach. #Texans

"We have a very aggressive mindset," OB when asked how conservative he'll be in play-calling. #Texans

O'Brien likes accuracy over a cannon of an arm for starting QB in NFL. Wants him to be hardest working guy on team. #Texans

O'Brien on ideal characteristic in QB: "There's not one. He has to be a leader, high character, hard worker, smart, decent arm, & accuracy."

O'Brien says if Clowney is drafted he'll be used in more than one position. #Texans.

O'Brien: This is a team that isn't too far from winning. #Texans

O'Brien says his system will allow QB to make decision at line of scrimmage. Will use "formation indicators" to help him make that decision.

O'Brien on expectations: "To go out there every single Sunday, Monday or Thursday and expect to win." #Texans

"We want to be a big, physical, situationally smart team. We've got to be a disciplined team." -O'Brien #Texans

O'Brien (on DBs): Clemons and Lewis would compete for FS. Swearinger will be the strong safety. #Texans

O'Brien (on Manning's release): Danieal is testing the market right now. May not be the last time you see him in a #Texans uniform.

O'Brien says he brought Fitzpatrick in to compete with Keenum and Yates, and will "draft a QB, maybe two." #Texans

O'Brien (on parting ways with Schaub): Both parties came to the conclusion that it was time for a fresh start. #Texans

"We really want to build the team through the draft. We believe in developing young players." -O'Brien pic.twitter.com/8zcFmLcIcZ

O'Brien: We've signed some guys but what we're really trying to do is build the team through the draft. #Texans

No media at this event. "Why don't I just announce the first pick while I'm here then?" O'Brien jokes to room of cheers.
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
"Best player in the National Football League."- O'Brien on J.J. Watt. #Texans

"I really think he's going to enjoy playing in this offense."- O'Brien on Andre Johnson. #Texans

Cheeseburgers, pizza & "whatever my 9-yr old son wants."- O'Brien on what he eats after a game. #Texans

O'Brien: slot WR is important in our offense. We don't really have one right now. #Texans

O'Brien: J.J. Watt will be moved around a lot in Romeo Crennel's 3-4. But #Texans will be in nickel 70% of time.

"We haven't coached any games yet, so everybody's a big fan."- #Texans HC Bill O'Brien at town hall. pic.twitter.com/JPGAwRm6ad
Quote:
“If we decide to draft this guy, we’re not just going to play him at one position,” O’Brien said. “We may start him off at one position but use him in a lot of different ways. He’s a unique talent but again, that’s if we draft him.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-c11f6210008c
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote