View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014   #122
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24254 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It is only a subject because the owner of the team specifically stated that it's not a rebuild.
Without that statement, most of us would think rebuild is obvious and not mention it.

Perhaps you should take up your point with the owner of the team.

My thoughts, as well.

Not my thoughts at all. In my mind, if I consider a team in rebuild mode, I'm more patient with the process. Rebuilding suggests years in the making and I think this is where the franchise is at right now.

Those that listen to Mr. McNair and expect a winning season might be disappointed. But, if they end up winning, then I'm pleasantly surprised.
It's not a rebuild, it's a house flip.
You got your new guy in charge (head Coach), his main contractors (asst. coaches), and the money guy (GM).
Re do the kitchen (QB), put some good flooring and paint in the living spaces (offense), upgrade the bath and bedrooms (defense), and tweak the landscape (special teams).
If everyone's on the same page and knows what they're doing, I can see them be competitive fairly quickly.