View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014   #71
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1939 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should foster be next to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Hmm.....I'm trying to think of the last time a big-name free-agent RB who signed the big-money contract, didn't already have his best years behind him.

It makes more sense to draft 1 or 2 of them on the cheap each year, run them til the wheels fall off in about 2 or 3 years, and then stick another one in there. Like changing tires when the tread is worn. Sounds impersonal, but to me, it's a lot more practical than having a high paid RB, past his prime, sitting hurt on the bench.
When it comes down to it, you have to have a good RB... it might seem like RBs come a dime a dozen but at the same time you see teams struggling mightily at the RB position

Foster isn't the most gifted athlete but he's smooth and better than any RB thats played for the texans