View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014   #119
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I'm not good at predictions, so I won't even try. At this point, we do not even have a clue who will be the starting QB for the first game. It is tough to predict any type of success when there are so many unknowns.

That said, I have confidence in O'Brien (based on hope as a fan), so I just want to see a squad that is competitive.
I'm with you on all the above. I'm not asking anyone to predict a winning season, or even our final W-L (not in this thread anyway)... alls I'm saying here, is that to be competitive in 2014, we just need to suck less than the 9 teams (11 games) I listed.

I'm not a Rick Smith fan. He hasn't proven to me that he's qualified to handle the responsibilities our owner seems to believe are in his wheelhouse. IMO, if we're not competitive with the Browns, Bills, or Raiders (we're talking a decade of suck), I'll be convinced he is not.

We lost 14 in a row last season. You'd think I'd be convinced of that now, but we've scapegoated Kubiak & Schaub and I have no problem believing it was their fault (even though Schaub only played in 6 games, winning two of them). Those excuses are gone now, I'm rooting for Teflon Rick.... really, I am. I'm betting we'll be competitive against this schedule.