View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Redskins (3-13)... they've got as many issues as we do
Dallas Cowboys (8-8)... they've got as many issues as we do
New York Giants (7-9)... They've got as many issues as we do
Steelers (8-8)... They've got as many issues as we do
The bolded teams have something we are searching for, a solid, established starting QB. Two of them have multi-SB winning QBs. If this is the "QB-driven league" everyone says it is, their presence has to give them an edge.

And in those division games, I'm hoping for a home-&-home split (this year anyway) so that's six games I not be surprised if we lost.

I salute your optimism though. I just don't have it yet. .....maybe after training camp.
First of all, I'm not saying we're going to win all 11 games. Just pointing out the teams we're playing have not had a lot of success lately.

Secondly, those teams with solid, established QBs.... c'mon. RG3 hasn't established jack (I'd love it if he were our QB, but that's another story), Romo doesn't know what a play off game is, much less a victory, Eli..... again, I wouldn't mind if he were our QB, or Ben for that matter, but it's been a struggle for them to get to 8-8 the past two years (both the Giants & the Steelers). Tell me they're further along on their rebuild than we are... it's a better arguement than the solidarity of their established QBs, but in the case of the Giants, Redskins, & Cowboys I'm not seeing it.