View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014   #114
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Most of the time, probably. I don't really expect us to be very good, so I'm pretty patient from that perspective. I don't think we'll be forcing our will on anyone in the near future.

in 2014, I just expect us to not suck as bad as:

Buffalo (4-12) can't remember the last time they had a winning season
Cleveland (4-12) same, I think Belichick was their coach
Jacksonville (4-12)... it's been awhile since they had a winning season
Raiders (4-12)... look at their QB
Tennessee (7-9).... it's been a while since they had a winning season
Redskins (3-13)... they've got as many issues as we do
Dallas Cowboys (8-8)... they've got as many issues as we do
New York Giants (7-9)... They've got as many issues as we do
Steelers (8-8)... They've got as many issues as we do

That's 11 games against teams that are as bad as we are, or worse.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we beat Indy, or Philly... if we win the division.

I'll be very disappointed if we're swept by the Titans & the Jags (again).
I hope you're right.

However, the last time the Texans won a game was in September. I'm still numb to the fact that this team experienced a 14 game losing streak. One day I will probably just explode in spontaneous maniacal laughter when the realization truly hits me.

I'm not good at predictions, so I won't even try. At this point, we do not even have a clue who will be the starting QB for the first game. It is tough to predict any type of success when there are so many unknowns.

That said, I have confidence in O'Brien (based on hope as a fan), so I just want to see a squad that is competitive. I saw a lot of quit last year, so an improvement to me would be a team that refuses to accept losing as a way of life. Beyond that, who they beat and what the final record will be is a complete mystery.