View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014   #113
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Most of the time, probably. I don't really expect us to be very good, so I'm pretty patient from that perspective. I don't think we'll be forcing our will on anyone in the near future.

in 2014, I just expect us to not suck as bad as:

Buffalo (4-12) can't remember the last time they had a winning season
Cleveland (4-12) same, I think Belichick was their coach
Jacksonville (4-12)... it's been awhile since they had a winning season
Raiders (4-12)... look at their QB
Tennessee (7-9).... it's been a while since they had a winning season
Redskins (3-13)... they've got as many issues as we do
Dallas Cowboys (8-8)... they've got as many issues as we do
New York Giants (7-9)... They've got as many issues as we do
Steelers (8-8)... They've got as many issues as we do

That's 11 games against teams that are as bad as we are, or worse.
The bolded teams have something we are searching for, a solid, established starting QB. Two of them have multi-SB winning QBs. If this is the "QB-driven league" everyone says it is, their presence has to give them an edge.

And in those division games, I'm hoping for a home-&-home split (this year anyway) so that's six games I not be surprised if we lost.

I salute your optimism though. I just don't have it yet. .....maybe after training camp.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote