View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014   #91
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It does not equate.

But, it is part of the equation.

I guess it depends on how you define "rebuild". A new head coach, whole new staff, completely new schemes on both sides of the ball, new QB, lots of other new starters...I'd say this is pretty obvious of a rebuild. Expecting playoffs in 2014 is setting yourself up for disappointment.
I don't think the Manning release is a rebuild move. I think this is the type of move we will see in the future. We signed Lewis for depth and Clemons to be a starter. Manning was in the last year of his deal and coming off a pretty significant injury for someone of his age. It looks like a simple replacement to me. In the end, we probably got stronger at safety. We have more depth (Lewis) and we replaced a starter with another player that is younger, cheaper, and similar in skill level.

That's not to say that we aren't rebuilding, I just don't see this move as a rebuilding move.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote