View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014   #42
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Past Texans regimens unfortunately for a long time had that same philosophy. Not having a reliable LAST line of defense isn't a significant concern. OK.

Swearinger was a 2nd round pick that showed some promise. Has some issues. Needs to continue to get better.

Clemons has been a solid starter. Not great. Solid or maybe you could argue slightly below average.

Lewis who has been a starter. Ok depth. Eddie pleasant. Special teams. Ok depth. Shilo....I'm not a fan, but he started some games...Special teams guy..ok depth..

I didn't say we had Earl Thomas and Jairus Byrd back there. Or anyone close. But I do think they are the least of the defenses worries.

At corner you have Kareem who has grown into a solid corner. Joseph who was injured a bunch and got burned quite a bit. No known commodity at nickle corner. No depth there.

At LB you have two 0's at OLB. No second ILB to speak of. Cushing who's coming off another injury. Depth?

At D-line you have Watt...The new NT and two guys who may not even fit the scheme the new D-coordinator wants to run in Crick and Jamison. And Jamison is coming off an injury and Crick has not really done anything noteworthy anyways.

And the Pass rush is Watt.

So yes, the safety position is currently one of the least of my worries on defense. Didn't say they were going to be a great group, but atm I feel better about their prospects next year than I do any other position group or aspect of the defense.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote