View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014   #40
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manning released

Okay, I'm scrambling around trying to figure out whether it the the Giants or Broncos that released "Manning" and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
I thought he agreed to a pay cut to stay on.....
Waited to publish this, but apparently Manning was asked to take a pay that would have put his contract in the neighborhood of the one Clemons signed...
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli Mar 28
Quote:
From what I understand, Clemons got a similar salary to what Manning was offered in the pay cut the #Texans asked him to take.
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Chris Clemons counts $1.15 million against the cap this year.

Chris Clemons two years for 2.7 mil and 450,000 guaranteed.
Would have been a hefty cut, although he'll likely find the market not much higher. What's interesting is...
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Texans saved $4.5 million on cap by waiving Manning, making them more than $13 million under the cap.
Appears we're stockpiling cap room... to target a free agent?... or put it to other use?

Last edited by Playoffs; 03-31-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote