View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 222777 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should foster be next to go?

This is another question that cannot be answered until it's too late.

Two important factors need careful analysis before one can give an intelligent answer:
1) Will he be the pre-contract/pre-injury Foster in 2014?
and
2) How important will Foster's running style and talents be in the new O'Brien offense?

Does O'Brien need a 25-30 carry/game RB like Kubiak's offense did? Or will O'Brien - as N.E. seems to do - run a lot of delays, draws, and screens that can be achieved by committee?

If the answer is yes to the 25-30 carry/game question AND Foster is the 2011 Foster, then we keep him. IF our newfangled offense mirrors the Patriot offense where you mainly run when you catch the defense with the wrong personnel set on the field then maybe RBBC will do just fine and we try to trade him.

After getting a 6th for Schaub I'm shopping EVERYbody around before they're just plain released. Never hurts to ask.

My answer to the original question: I don't know yet.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote