View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004   #13
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
I disagree with that last part. Yes they need to be more consistent, but the Texans have never had a problem with effort during a regular season game. And no matter how much fans want them to treat preseason games the same as regular season games, there will not be the same level of intensity during the preseason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
Hmmm...that's strange...then why did their game seem so different from the Dallas and Steelers game? I have your answer.......consistency and intensity!
Take another look at what I said. I am talking about the difference between regular season and preseason. They have never had a problem with effort in any regular season game. They have had consistenty problems galore, but they have never played without fire and passion in the regular season, except for maybe the Cincinnati game their first year.

The preseason is not a time when veteran players are going to play with a lot of passion. They are just looking to make it through the exhibition games to prepare for the regular season without getting hurt.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote