View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Manning released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Apparently Manning was asked last week to take a pay cut, and he refused thus the Texans released him.

Not much more to say. Good luck. Good but not great player who had some injury issues. I would have liked to have kept him, but I can see why they wanted him to take a cut in pay. Clemons can do a decent job replacing him I think.

I've said all along this is a rebuild. Anyone that thinks otherwise is not living in reality.
I haven't come to terms with it just yet. In other threads, I suggested we cut OD & DMann to free up cap space, but that was arguing with people saying we needed the money to sign "starters"

I understand their histories, but when they were healthy they both earned their money, I thought. The only reason to cut them, is if you plan on signing difference makers.

We already had enough money to fill out the roster with roll players, vet minimum guys, our draft picks & a few UDFAs... most of the "starters" are already signed by other teams. I can't imagine the Texans are clearing cap space to roll into next season when we gained $17M by trading Schaub, the cap goes up $10M due to the Thursday night contracts, & the new TV deal should give us another bump.

Makes you wonder if something is going on down on Kirby.