View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014   #962
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I would hope he could draw his own conclusions about the NFL potential of college QB prospects based most of all from studying their game tape, not from visiting with others. In other words, Jaws is an askee, not an askor.
What do you base your criticisms of Jaws on, and if not Jaws, who do you consider a talented QB evaluator ? Grueden ? Mayoc ?
We can all draw our own conclusions. My point, just because Jaws was a fairly successful QB doesn't make him an expert, or even qualified in evaluating QBs. I'd take a guy like Kubiak over Jaws anyday... but not many of those guys make it to TV.

If Jaws wants to share his experience in the NFL & relate what was going on for him when he was in the huddle, that's great. I think that adds to the production part of an NFL game.

But I think he often oversteps his bounds & tries to pass himself off in capacities he has no reason sticking his nose in. For instance, I remember very vividly a game he & Chucky were broadcasting. Belichick decided to go for it on 4th & short inside the 20. Didn't make it & Jaws was going on & on about how dumb that was. After several minutes, Chucky chimed in.... "we are talking about Bill Belichick, I think he's earned the right to make that call."

I like our draftniks better than the national medias & take their word more so than I do the McShays or the Kipers, or the Mayocks.... but if we're talking Jaws or Kiper on what's actually involved when reading a zone dog, I'm going with Jaws. When I want to know what the scouts & NFL insiders think about college prospects, I'm going with Mayock (or Kiper/McShay, etc...)