View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014   #958
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with this. I also wouldn't be surprised if the 32 teams don't all have the same three guys at the top of the QB rankings. Someone out there has Murray at #1, some of them have Mettenberger at #1. It's no secret that I have McCarron as the #1 QB in this draft.

You mentioned Mallet, Belichick said they thought he was the #1 QB in that draft... may have been coach speak, may have been that he made his list knowing full well which QBs would be available to him.

There's too many ways to look at it. But bottom line, just because the internet says Bridgewater, Manziel, & Bortles are the best QB prospects in this draft, doesn't mean the 32 teams that will be picking QBs agree. If I thought Tom Savage was the best QB in this draft, I'd be excited that no one is even talking about him & I may be able to get him as late as the 5th round.
And then this year Jaworski has said that Manziel was not even a QB worthy of the first 3 rounds, but then "moved him up" to the third round based on his widely acclaimed PD. One might think that sounds crazy, but don't we agree that Jaws knows more, probably much more about QBs than people like McShay & Kiper who both have Manziel going high in the first round ?
Last year most had USCs Matt Barkley going in first or second round, right ? Eventually the Eagles took him in the fourth round.
Conventional thinking is often off mark also in the NFL Draft.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote