View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014   #296
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I'm expecting JJ Watt and his agent to command something in the neighborhood of $20 million per year. I expect JJ Watt to become the highest paid defensive player in the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if JJ gets a very, very large contract. It could be in the 100M range.
Yes JJ is going to get a huge contract. But not $20 mil average. The franchise tag for DE's is $13.1 and that is $1.7 over the next highest defensive position.

$20 is too high.

Manning - $19.2
Brady - $14.12
Brees - $20
Flacco - $20.1

Something in the $16 ballpark* with tons of it guaranteed is a plausible forecast.

*Mario is at $16. Look for a "highest paid" that looks more like Flacco to Brees.