View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014   #943
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
But it's just my opinion. I really don't see anything that stands out from the top three.
The bold is the wrong perspective IMO as reason for taking a QB in the 2nd. It's grounds for not taking one of the top 3 maybe but the same logic should apply in the 2nd. Is there anything that stands out about any of the guys who will be available at 2.1 that makes them stand out and you be tempted to shake your head they are still available?
I agree with what you're saying.

The way I look at it, I've got 5 QBs that I like. I believe it is very likely they will be productive starters in this league. McCarron, Murray, Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles... that is not to say they all will, just that they all fit what I'm looking for, very different mix of the qualities, but they've all got a good amount of everything I think a successful QB needs.

If we get to 2-1 & they are all still on the board & I think 2 will be left by the time we get to 3-1, I'm not taking a QB at 2-1 either. If I pass & three of them come off the board quick, I'm going to try to move back into the second to try to get one of the remaining two.

If we get to 2-1 & only two are still there, or three... I'm going to take the one I like best.

If there was one guy, who I thought was a much better prospect than the other 4... whether I thought he was a sure thing or not, & I thought he is most likely to go in the first round, I'd probably take him with the #1 overall... even if he's got a mid round grade. So if I felt that way about Bridgewater (& some people here do) I'd take him at 1-1 & I won't be ashamed to say, "Yeah, there's elite talent there that I'm passing on, but I think this is the right way to go."

If I think that one guy, who is way ahead of the pack will be there at 2-1 because he's being underrated by everyone else... I'll take the chance that he'll be there at 2-1 & I'll take him at 2-1 even if all five are still on the board.