View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014   #940
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
So after seeing all three quarterbacks, I have warmed up to idea of drafting a quarterback in the 2nd. Too many question marks on all three top qb's.

I wouldn't be upset with Mettenberger, Garoppolo, or Murray. Heck I even like McCarron.

I think those quarterbacks would likely sit for a year without having to worry to start day 1.

Since there is no Peyton, Elway, Luck or (insert sure thing qb) then I don't see why the Texans can wait till the second. Some of the best qbs have come from later rounds, such as Montana, Brees, Rodgers, Favre.

But if the Texans decide to take Manziel, I just hope he lives up to the hype.
Rodgers was a 1st round pick. Brees and Favre were at the very top of the 2nd.

But more to the point, then why not just wait until next year's draft and go ahead and get a starter at some other position in the 2nd? I mean fine if the coaches really think they are onto something everyone else is missing, go for it but I don't see the point in picking a QB just to pick a QB.