View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014   #249
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O’Brien Explains What Type Of Quarterback He Wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
if the #1 player, who happens to be a QB, on your board falls to you at 7 and you pass on him cause you're pretty sure he's going to be there in the 2nd round...then either you're lying or you're stupid but got lucky.

let's not forget, they were on the market for a young QB at the time. this was before Alex Smith's "resurrection".
I know fantasy football isn't the exact same but the drafting process itself is still very similar. If I see a player that I think everyone has way underrated sitting there in the 1st round of the draft I don't go get him if I believe that noone knows how good he is. Part of being a GM is out manuvering your competition on draft day.

An example would be our drafting of duane brown. We didn't think anybody had him higher on our board so we dropped back a few spots and picked him up at the tail end of the first instead of the middle. We COULD have just taken him at 15(ish, don't remember exactly) but we dropped back.

If you thought that Mettenberger was the best QB in this draft would you take him No. 1 overall?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote