View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014   #356
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Wilfork is restructuring his contract with the Pats.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140327/NEWS/303289884
Quote:
Wilfork, 32, gets a new three-year deal worth $22.5 million overall and $3 million guaranteed, according to reports. Wilfork can make a maximum of $8 million in the first year, but does not have any guaranteed money in the final two years, according to ESPN.
When the news about Wilfork refusing to restructure came out, I didn't understand it. I figured he wanted to test FA after finishing his contract, for that last big payday.

But with his injury, his age, & his weight, I didn't think he was going to get a lot & that restructuring with the Patriots was probably the best way to go. Coming off an Achilles, he's not going to be playing like a man should want in a contract year (regardless of how long ago it was).

I'd have thought he would get more than $3M guaranteed, but with Tuck only getting a two year $11M deal... Wifork's three year $22.5M is pretty respectable.